Hardwood flooring adds warmth and richness to any room. When determining the cost of hardwood flooring, a variety of factors come into play. Hardwood flooring prices vary depending on the type of wood, the width of the planks, the stain, the glue, and the style. Some wooden flooring installation tradies may include the removal of old wood flooring or furniture in the price of installation and trim, while others will charge separately. Installing wood flooring not only improves the appearance of the area but also adds marketing value and helps to increase the marketability of your property.
If you’re looking for an efficient yet affordable local flooring company, then go nowhere except 689 Pty, Ltd. They are in business for 15 years. This makes them experts in the field. Apart from installation they also provide all types of flooring services, cleaning, repairing, sanding, polishing, etc. they provide services in Tweed Heads, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and its neighboring areas.
Table of Contents
Factors Affecting Timber Flooring Price
Types of Timber
Several species can be used to create a beautiful hardwood floor. Not all of them are readily obtainable or available to professionals for floor installation. Special ordering necessitates a higher price tag indefinitely.
Hardwood Vs Softwood
Hardwood is more expensive than softwood because it is significantly more durable. Hardwood grain fibers are bound together, resulting in a harder surface. You can obtain the design of softwood species by utilizing laminate or sealed covering material.
The cost of installing timber flooring may appear to be higher than the national average. However, it is also a fact that a professional installer can also raise the price of your home. Certain floor sanding and the polishing companies also provide added services of repairing and maintenance along with installation.
How to Buy Affordable Timber Flooring
When choosing a timber floor, it’s important to gather all the information you can on what you’re getting so that there are no surprises, and you know what to anticipate.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Is this a real wood floor or a copy of a wood floor? (Some people consider laminate or vinyl plank floors to be “timber floors,” but the costs of these products and solid wood differ significantly.)
- What are the flooring’s timber dimension, grade, and expected timber lengths?
- What are the installers’ names and their credentials? Are they ATFA members in good standing? ATF (Australasian Timber Flooring Association) is an organization that promotes the use of timber flooring in Australia.
- What method will you use to lay the floor? Is it a floating floor, direct stick, or plank on ply?
- Which coating system should be employed, and how should several coats be applied?
- How long has the company been in operation?
- Is the salesperson honest and thorough in his or her responses? There is another alarming situation if a company has little or no history.
Investing in a hardwood floor for your home is a wise decision. A good wood floor will raise the value of your home, whereas a poor-quality floor will devalue it. As a result, you’ll want to be certain of the ground you’ll be walking on.
Author’s Bio: Alex, who is a content creator in BusyFox – Digital Marketing Agency has written this blog. Busy Fox provides SEO service to bring your website to the first page of the search engine. Contact them now to get the best offers for their SEO services.